The snowsuit is stuck! This winter-themed Digital Escape Room is an innovative breakout game that focuses on figurative language, geography, informational text, and finding details. It allows teachers and students to engage in escape room fun, enjoy the 360° view, and have the VR option. Your students will feel like they are actually inside a classroom!
There are very few children who love wearing snowsuits. Actually, most loathe the experience. Can you imagine being stuck in a snowsuit as soon as you get to school? The teacher has to help you! No luck! With your students’ help, the main character of the escape room can be “freed,” from the stuck zipper and the confines of the tight, overstuffed winter snowsuit!
Your students will go through 4 locks to escape. I designed this escape room for pure fun, so it won’t take long to finish. Perfect for a half-day of school, early closing, bell ringer, classroom party, library, time left in class, or free time.
When my students begin, what will they experience?
By clicking on “VIEW 360°” the digital escape room opens. There is a “light wind and snow,” sound effect that makes the user feel like they are in winter weather! Your students will love the point-of-view video clip of snow plowing, so be sure their volume is on. By hovering over each icon in the escape room, you will see messages appear. Look for the “red start button.” This is where your students will read the scenario and receive their first hint as to where to go next. From there on, the excitement begins!
Perfect for a classroom that has a few devices, BYOD, or 1:1
- Great for review and reinforcing skills. Promote team building, cooperative learning, and deductive reasoning
- Teacher instructions for sharing digital escape room and explanation of how to use the Virtual Reality option and 360° views. **360 views work on a Chromebook by navigating with the “touchpad.” On a phone/tablet you would move the device around to see it move. VR option only works on a phone/tablet.
- There are no forced copies with this digital escape room. Just share the link.
- Clues involved: Jigsaw puzzle, hidden message, figurative language (idioms), recalling details, informational text.
- Designed for small groups / cooperative learning / collaborative learning.
- Digital Escape Room reflection handout
- Notes handout for locks
- A certificate for your students saying, “I ESCAPED BEING STUCK IN THE SNOWSUIT!”
- Complete answer keys for everything and where to find the answers. -I walk you through how to solve it.
- This digital escape room works independently- there is not a supporting text or prior reading. Your students should have minimal prior knowledge of literary terms and figurative language. I do provide a link to a glossary, just in case.
TROUBLESHOOTNG: Please use this link before contacting. I am limited due to not knowing your firewall standards and network. Your help desk is a great place to start.
Answers for having a successful experience using a digital escape room
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers PLEASE READ:
Q: The Google Site provided is coming up as an error, not found, broken, 404 redirect. What is wrong?
A: Most likely your school is blocking the link. I have a link that can help you. I unfortunately cannot troubleshoot more than that because I am not in your school and I am unfamiliar with your firewall. I’m sorry you’re struggling. Here is the link- https://www.studyallknight.com/how-to-experience-classroom-digital-escape-rooms/
Teachers: PLEASE CHECK YOUR DISTRICT’S FILTER. You will need access to Google Sites, JigsawPlanet.com, ScreenCastOMatic video server, Google Forms, Google Slides, and Google Earth. I cannot fix any issues for you. Before purchasing, please check to ensure you will be able to use these sites. ALL firewall issues that occur are on your end in your school/district restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure the links will work prior to your purchase. -Feedback left for tech issues are solely on the buyer’s merit and do not reflect the function of the classroom escape room.
This breakout game was tested extensively on a PC laptop, PC desktop, Chromebook, Mac, smart phone, iPad, and LINUX.
Study All Knight Blog
Study All Knight Facebook
Study All Knight on Instagram
Created by Danielle Knight, © Study All Knight 2019