STRANDED OVERNIGHT AT SCHOOL! No way! This Snow Day Digital Escape Room is an innovative breakout game that focuses on literary terms and figurative language. It allows teachers and students to engage in escape room fun, enjoy the 360° view, and have the VR option. Your students will feel like they are actually outside of the school! You definitely should watch the preview video for this breathtaking cutting-edge classroom experience!
Everyone loves a snow day! But, can you imagine being stranded at school and not being able to get home? Your students will go through 7 locks to escape and get home safely.
When my students begin, what will they experience?
By clicking on “VIEW 360°” the digital escape room opens. There is a “light wind and snow,” sound effect that makes the user feel like they are in winter weather! Your students will love the point-of-view video clip of snow plowing, so be sure their volume is on. By hovering over each icon in the escape room, you will see messages appear. Look for the “red start button.” This is where your students will read the scenario and receive their first hint as to where to go next. From there on, the excitement begins!
Perfect for a classroom that has a few devices, BYOD, or 1:1
- Great for review and reinforcing skills. Promote team building, cooperative learning, and deductive reasoning
- Teacher instructions for sharing digital escape room and explanation of how to use the Virtual Reality option and 360° views. **360 views work on a Chromebook by navigating with the “touch pad.” On a phone / tablet you would move the device around to see it move. VR option only works on a phone/tablet.
- There are no forced copies with this digital escape room. Just share the link.
- Clues involved: Jigsaw puzzle, very short story comprehension, hidden message, plot diagram (plot pyramid). Covers – metaphors, similes, idioms, conflict, plot, personification, and irony.
- Designed for small groups / cooperative learning / collaborative learning.
- Digital Escape Room reflection handout
- Notes handout for locks
- A certificate for your students saying, “SNOW DAY: I ESCAPED BEING STRANDED OVERNIGHT AT SCHOOL!”
- Complete answer keys for everything and where to find the answers.
- This digital escape room works independently- there is not a supporting text or prior reading. Your students should have prior knowledge of literary terms and figurative language. I do provide a link to a glossary, just in case.
Updated 11/27/18 at 2:20 PM EST – answer key – lock #5 -also updated video language used -“Person” instead of “Man” – the glossary is updated with this language, too. THANK YOU!
What are your key questions for experiencing classroom digital escape rooms this school year? Are you planning on using one with your students?
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Q: Do my students need Google Accounts to complete a digital escape room?
A: If you have a digital escape room from Danielle Knight, then, no. I do not require a forced copy or anyone to log into a Google Account. All of my digital escape rooms are simply, “share the Google Site link,” and go.
Teachers: PLEASE CHECK YOUR DISTRICT’S FILTER. You will need access to Google Sites, JigsawPlanet.com, ScreenCastOMatic video server, Google Forms, Google Slides, and Google Earth. I cannot fix any issues for you. Before purchasing, please check to ensure you will be able to use these sites. ALL firewall issues that occur are on your end in your school/district restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure the links will work prior to your purchase. -Feedback left for tech issues are solely on the buyer’s merit and do not reflect the function of the classroom escape room.
This breakout game was tested extensively on a PC laptop, PC desktop, Chromebook, Mac, smart phone, iPad, and LINUX.
Created by Danielle Knight, © Study All Knight 2018